1) Make sure that your gutters and downspouts deposit water far enough away from the house so the water runs off/away from the foundation.
2) When designing flowerbeds, make sure that water won’t be trapped or that water won’t be directed to the house. Planters and curbs can easily hold the water.
3) Plant trees and shrubs well away from the foundation to avoid creating a moisture imbalance in the soil as well as making sure the roots grow under the foundation.
4) When watering your lawn, make sure you don’t water too much in one spot.
5) Inspect the ground for standing water after rains or watering.
6) Come winter-time, make sure you add moisture around your foundation once or twice a week. This will keep the soil from drying out and pulling away from the foundation.