Now that we’ve discussed some facts about condensation, today’s blog is going to focus on ways to reduce and control household humidity.
1) Shut off ALL household humidifier units
2) Ventilate the entire house for a few minutes each day. The kitchen, laundry and bathroom areas should be ventilated during use.
3) Run exhaust fans longer and often.
4) Open the fireplace damper.
5) Make sure the attic and basement crawl-space louvers remain open.
6) Install double-glazed windows.
7) Vent humidity producers (clothes, dryers) and all gas burners.Tips on reducing/controlling household humidity